Email adresi: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been a faculty member in Sabancı University, MSIE Programsince 2004. After receiving my B.S. and M.S. degrees in Turkey, I stayed in US for almost three years for my Ph.D. study. Right before Sabanci University, I worked as a post-doctorate research fellow in Holland for two years.
I am married to Pınar Yolum. We have two kids, Poyraz (born 2007) and Güneş (born 2010). When they allow, I try to look into some of the problems coming out of the list below.
General Research Interests
- Computational operations research
- Algorithm development for optimization problems
- Nonlinear programming and convex analysis
- Stochastic global optimization methods
- Parallel optimization
- Parallel nonlinear optimization
- Multi-agent global optimization
- Airline revenue management and pricing
- Large-scale linear programs with column-dependent-rows
- Primal-dual approaches to set-covering problems
- Combination of exact methods with heuristics for combinatorial optimization
- Airline crew scheduling